CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Busy, busy, busy

I can't believe it has been 12 days since I last posted. Time just seems to fly by.

Thursdaythe 17th, my women's bible study had our Thanksgiving luncheon. It was a great time of fellowship and Caleb got to go to the nursery for the first time. He did great and the workers didn't want to give him back. That always makes you feel good. Cara had her musical debut when the 3yr old class performed for their moms. She was hilarious. She is a born performer. She was loud and knew the motions and sang all the words even if she was behind or ahead of everyone else. She was so CUTE!!

Friday the 18th, we went to the Shrine's circus. Kirk's parents came up and went with us. It was a lot of fun. Cara loved the lion and tigers. Her mouth literally fell open when they came out. Then when the dancers and trepezers came out she said "I want to learn to do that." Kylie, Caleb, Debbie and I left at the intermission. I didn't realize the circus was so long. Karissa and Cara rode ponies at the intermission and stayed til 10pm when the circus ended.


Saturday, we went to Grapevine Mills. Just a quick mommy moment...Kirk made a comment I didn't like and I discretely flipped him off so he says "hey mom and dad Jen just shot me the bird." We laugh and keep walking into the mall. On the way ,we notice Cara looking all around and ask her what she is looking at. She says I am looking for the "bird that was shot." We ate at Rain Forest Cafe, shopped a little and the girls got to see Santa. Kylie saw Santa but had no desire to get near him. Karissa went back with Kirk's parents since she is out of school all week.

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving, Caleb had his two month check-up. He is 13 lbs. 4 oz. and 23 1\4 inches. He had to get his shots but he did great. He barely even cried. Kimberly watched the girls so I could take him to the doctor. When we got back the girls still wanted to play so we had lunch and hung out for a bit. Then I went to the doctor thinking I had a sinus infection. No such luck! I was just really dried out and there was no quick fix for it. From the doctor I came home and packed and headed for Wichita Falls. Kirk was coming on Wednesday after work.

Wednesday night, Cara was very fussy and complaining of a sore throat. I get a flashlight out and convince her to let me look. Ahhh it looks like cottage cheese. So we head to now care and get a prescription for strep. She runs fever all night and vomits. What a Thanksgiving. Luckily, Kirk's mom watched her through lunch and Thursday night so we wouldn't expose even more people. ( By Friday night the antibiotics had kicked in and she was feeling great).

Thursday, we had a wonderful lunch with my parents and brothers and sisters. After lunch all the guys (young and old) played street football. It was a blast to watch. Kirk is still sore today. Then we went to Kirk's parents after and watched part of the game and visited. Thanksgiving night we watched Polar Express with my parents and brother and his family.

Friday, my mom and my sister in law and I shopped a little. We didn't get up and dawn and we only shopped to get out of the house for awhile. Then we met my dad and step mom for a late lunch. We ended up at my aunts and had a great visit with some of my dads family that we don't see very often. W went back to my moms and put all the kids to bed at their regular bedtime(finally). Then Kirk went to the movies with his dad and brother and I was just going to read and go to bed early, to get ready for picture day. Instead ,my dad and I sat up and talked about everything under the moon. I don't think I have ever talked to my dad for so long about so much. At one point we saw headlights in the window and it was Kirk coming home from the movies. So he joined in. About midnight, I crashed and dad and Kirk kept on talking for awhile. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this holiday and visit home.

Saturday, we met Kay at Martins Circle to take family pictures. The pictures turned out great. Kylie didn't cooperate but we still got some good shots. Then Kay offered to take some of Caleb at her house so we played with him for awhile. Then Kirk and I did some shopping for the girls and we finally headed home around 4pm.

Today, we all woke up stuffy and coughy. There is something about the trip to WF that does us in. I am dried out again and Kylie even had to have a breathing treatment tonight. It doesn't help that there are 45mph winds outside and the temp is dropping from 70ish today to upper 30's tonight.

Hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Congrats to our friends, the Turners, on the arrival of Londyn, their beautiful baby girl!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

UGH. I hate this "sick" season! You have my empathy!

Alyssa said...

wow you really have been busy! I have not treally even started Christmas shopping yet or even thought about getting decorations. I need to get my butt in gear. I can't believe it is rght around the corner!

Kelly said...

Glad ya'll had a good time with family - but I agree - it's always nice to get back to your own house!

Hope everyone feels better soon!