


This weekend we traveled to Longview, Tx. I have never been there before. It was beautiful. As I was driving by all the pine trees and through the forest I had a new appreciation for God and the beauty He surrounded us with. The trip was a little long with all four kiddos in tow but very worthwhile. We went to the Newberry family reunion. That is Kirk's grandmothers family. I had never met any of them and Kirk only knew a few from many years ago. It was held at a hotel and we just hung out, played cards and dominos, ate, swam and visited. They were all so friendly and welcoming. Karissa met a cousin who was 9 and they had a great day. It is amazing how much they resemble each other. Anyway, I was just amazed at the friendliness and kindness. It was wonderful to meet family I didn't even know about!! Granted ours were just about the only kids present, but everyone just loved our them. We came home Sunday and did yard work and had dinner with our neighbors. Cara went home with Memaw and will stay in WF until Thurs. She called after their 7 hour car ride and was very happy to be "home." She alsoThings have been a little quiet around here. Caleb is trying to crawl and almost there. He can get on all fours but can't move yet. Karissa has her first school play Thursday. She is very nervous. She only has to sing in the choir but she doesn't want to get up in front of everyone. Kylie is doing well. The east Tx air was a little hard on her. We have had to give her breathing treatments the last couple of days.
9 years ago

1 comments:
Good to finally hear from you. I was beginning to wonder where you were! Longview Texas I guess. Karissa and her cousin sure do look alike. That is so neat. I love family reunions!
Post a Comment