CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

First Day of School


Today was Cara's first day of preschool. She was so excited. She was ready an hour early and kept asking me "is it time yet?" When I dropped her off she sat in her chair and hardly even said goodbye. She had fun, I think. She said her teacher was mostly nice but not really like a teacher because she had white hair.

I tried to start potty training Kylie, again. She went 0 for 3 today. She didn't pee until 2:30 this afternoon and then she did like three times in two hours. I think she freezes up on the potty. I even got the little potty out and let her sit on it in front of the tv. She did that several times with no sucess. She took a nap and woke up dry. Then she peed outside but said she wasn't finished so I brought her in and put her on the potty...no go. I put dry clothes on her and went back outside and she peed again. I don't think she gets it and I know she doesn't reallly care if she is wet or not.

Caleb is still clingy and fussy. I gave him real spaghetti on his tray tonight. By the time he was finnished his left ear was covered in sauce. I can't tell if he still has an ear infection or what. I think I may try to take him back to the doctor.After this weekend, I don't think we will be traveling with Caleb for quite some time. He didn't sleep and he cried the last 30-40 minutes in the car, both ways.

Karissa is going through adolescents now. She wants to "live anywhere but here" and we are"the meanest parents in the world." She is learning she can't talk her way out of things at school and there are consequences to being tardy. Pray for us. She has a mouth on her and unfortunately she got it from me.

Kirk and I are excitedly awaiting the begining of football season. He has his last draft tomorrow night and then Thursday is the first game. My life seems very chaotic and I am ready for the fall routine to settle into place. My womens bible study begins Thursday. Hopefully, that will kick start the routine.

1 comments:

Alyssa said...

It seems like she is not ready for the potty thing. My advice is don't even attempt it until she is ready, because once they decide they are it happens over night. I hate potty training. three down one. possibly two more to go! Don't you love that adolecent stage, when they think they know EVERYTHING!!!! and we of course no NOTHING!!!SHe should come watch me yell at my kids all day and then you won't be the meanest parents ever!