CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Deep thoughts..

Today, I received one of Kirk's presents in the mail. I was so excited because he had no idea what it was and he usually knows everything he is getting. So ,he is checking on a picture order in my e-mail and sees the word gift order. He can't resist and he reads what his gift is. So now do I give it to him or not. It is a really cute mouse pad with Caleb's picture. I am tempted to keep it for myself. So much for surprises.

I think we are almost done shopping. We are hoping to go tomorrow without the kids and then we can get finished. Mommy moments: Cara looks at Kylie who is screaming at the table because we turned off the tv for supper. Cara says "I think she'e having a meltdown." Then Cara says "Mommy do you want to throw Daddy in the trash?" I absently say "sometimes" as I am fixing supper. A few minutes later Kirk gets on to Cara for making Kylie scream and Cara says (with a straight face) "Mommy wants you in the trash, Daddy." We all busted out laughing. Cara is so funny sometimes. She is great comic relief.

Tonight, Kirk's cousin, Paige dropped by. She taught Kirk how to make "real" popcorn on the stove top. They had a lot of fun with that. Then they had a popcorn catching contest and even recorded some of it. I wish that I could let go and have fun so easily. I guess it's just not me. They were fun to watch, though.

I just want to brag on my kids for a minute. I really dreaded yesterday since there was no school. I thought I would have to referee and entertain all day. Instead, yesterday,they played wonderful. Karissa and Cara played all morning without hardly fighting at all. Then Karissa and Kylie played in the afternoon. It is fun to watch how they switch out who plays with who. Very rarely do they all three play together. The one who plays alone never seems to feel left out, though. I think it works out well so they can all have alone time and sister time.

0 comments: