CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Odds and Ends

Kylie loves to strike a pose. We are so glad she is well!
Cara loves to have her picture taken, too.
The girls at the Radio Shack fountain.
Caleb loves the PACKERS!!

Today was a fun day. After a long week of sickness and staying home, we finally got out of the house. Karissa's friend Raven stayed the night and they had a blast. It sure is hard to know the rules of a friend spending the night. Cara and Kylie think of Raven as their friend, too and want her to play with them, too. Karissa wants Raven all to herself and Raven is content to play with them all. Raven has an older sister, so Karissa has been introduced to her first boy musician crush. She like Jesse McCartney but she really can't tell you why. He does sing one of the songs on her Kim Possible movie so she thinks that is cool.

Anyway, after the rain cleared away we decided to go downtown. We visited several fountains and just let the kids run around. They had a good time and were only a little disappointed that the actual Water Gardens were closed for repair. Ther is just something about falling water that is so soothing. Since we have had hardly any rain this year the fountains were very refreshing. After downtown we went to Petsmart to see all the animals. We were highly disappointed at their selection of pets. They did have a groomer in the store that was neat to watch through the windows. Then we took Raven home had dinner and put the kids to bed.

We are very hopeful about going to church in the morning. Cara has awakened once with a night terror (pretty scary) and Caleb has awkened several times. We are trying to get him to sleep in his bed and he is protesting. He goes to sleep but wakes up every 30 minutes or so. If he sleeps with us he wakes up every few hours. By the way, he was 16lbs 8 oz at his 4 month check up and 26 inches long.

On another note, I have been reading Job in my read the Bible through study. It is a hard read. Finally, last night I had to get out a commentary to figure out what was going on. I think that was God's plan all along...to get me to do more than just read. Anyway, Job is really interesting. I have known the basis of the book since I was a kid but there is a lot hidden inside of it. I learned that God is completely sovereign. He isn't obligated to bless those who obey Him. All His actions are based on His gracious nature and His own free will. I have never thought about God's own free will; only my own. Anyway, I was really struggling after the easy read that Genesis was to get into Job. Now I can't wait to get to it each day and see what I can learn. It is really neat in my Christian walk for the Bible to become so alive. I have always struggled with reading it and thinking "I know this or I have heard this before." Then I would skip to the next part. Now, I am learning everyday. I would encourage any of you who haven't ever read the Bible through to give it a try. It is addicting and gets easier everyday. Don't get me wrong...I have fallen off the wagon (already, only 28 days into the year) but I just climb back on.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and a restful Sunday. Hey Alyssa, it's great to see you back in blog world.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Sounds like a fun day! I am glad everyone is finally healthy. I cannot believe Caleb is sooo big. Londyn was only 10lbs 2 oz at her 2 month yeterday. They grow too fast. I really need to get back into the word and you are definitly motivating me to do so. I feel so lost ever since we left Texas. I hope we find a good church home soon, and in the mean time I wish I would take the initative on my own, but that hasn't happened either so far. how about you just post what you learn every day and it will be like reading the cliff notes.

Laura said...

Hey...did you take the pic of the kids at the fountain in those days? If yes, well, just know I envy you a lot!! There is a horrible weather here, I put some pics on my blog.
It seems you are very religious and that's good for you. We should be more too...

Kelly said...

I have always wanted to read the Bible through too. I don't have one of those Bibles - do you? What would I do if I didn't have that - I hate to get a new Bible just for that.

Darlene Schacht said...

I love the book of Job, I remember reading it over and over a few times in a row a couple of years back. It just made more sense each time. I used to read the Bible for about six hours a day for over a year. It was a self study course I wanted to do. I got through the Bible a few times that year. My favorite was Leviticus because it was a tricky one to figure out, and Jewish laws typified Christianity in so many ways. I think Judges was my second favorite because I enjoyed the gruesome stories.