CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Questions

Just a couple of questions for those of you out there who read this. I am in Exodus now and reading the story of Moses going to Pharoah to release the Israelites. So my question is about "god hardening Pharoahs heart" and Pharoah hardening his heart. I understand God wanted to show His power to the Egyptians and Israelites by hardening Pharoahs heart. I guess my question is was Pharoah predestined not to choose God so this is a case of God using a non-believer for His good? If so where is Pharoahs free will in this case? I guess it is hard to picture God so blatently usung someone for His own good. But, then again He did make us all to glorify Him. The other question is about relationships. How do we stop competing about who works harder or does more?

Not much going on here. We bought some Tabasco sauce to try and discourage all the lying going on around here. We went to storytime today. I thought it was great but the girls weren't so sure. Kylie wanted to go home and Cara acted shy. Go figure! I was just glad to get out of the house.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm afraid the Pharoah question is such a tough one for me. Gets into all sorts of thorny issues on Calvinism and so forth. I think the ultimate answer is that God is sovreign and also good, but trying to understand His actions from our limited human viewpoint is difficult. It's like living in a black and white world, discussing an artist's palette of colors from a full-color world -- it just doesn't make sense to us. From our perspective we see the palette with different shades of gray, and we suspect that there's more to it than that, that those different shades hint at something more complicated, but we just can't get our brains around the concept of "color." I don't know.

As for storytime, my kids weren't into it at first either but they warmed up as it became part of the routine. It's still not G's favorite thing of the week, but she enjoys certain aspects of it, and it gets us there to exchange books each week.

I'll take a stab at the relationships question later...

Amy said...

Shelley's KNO is at University Baptist Church by TCU. They have Mother's Day Out there that she uses, then once a month they offer KNO on a Friday evening from 6pm-? (11? maybe?). It's $10 for 1 child, then $5 for additional kids and they provide a pizza dinner and age-appropriate movies after dinner.