CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 14, 2005

A Church for Us

I think it is safe to say we have found our new church. God even gave us a clear sign. I guess He thought we needed a nudge in the right direction. It is a 20 minute drive but it's not bad on Sundays. If we do it two to three times a week the gas could get really expensive . Anyway we went to the young marrieds class this morning and met a couple named Tommy and Elise. They have 2 kids and one on the way (they're due in March and will have 3 children 3 and under); much closer to our family size than anyone we've met before. The real shocker is when Kirk says "we live out in Saginaw." Elise says " so do we." As we talk we discover they live on the street behind us!!! Can you believe we had to go so far to find someone so close? Anyway, we were very excited. Then we found out we can start a small group next Sunday! Also they have a Thursday morning womans bible study with Wee school for the kids. It is free and they watch the kids for a full hour and a half after the study when moms can eat together or talk or run errands. They don't have a MOMS like Grace but I am excited about Thursday mornings. They also have musikgarten for kids 6mo-4yrs. It is on Wednesday mornings and you can pay extra to leave siblings in child care. How cool is that??? It is a bit far but I am excited for the fall stuff to start.

This weekend Cara is visiting her great grand parents with Kirk's parents. We miss her a lot but the house has been a lot calmer. I got Kylie's room painted...pink ,of course. Now we just have to decide what else to do with it. We think we may paint pixies on the wall but we haven't decided. Keep Karissa in your prayers. Tomorrow is her first day of school and Tuesday she has to miss school to have three teeth pulled. Scary for her and us, too. I want her to have a good experience and not be terrified of the dentist for her other two appointments. Also, Kirk isn't sure he can get off to go with me. I do have a babysitter but I am not good with blood and fear and stuff!!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

that is so great about church. It is awsome when God gives you a message loud and clear! Good luck with the dentist. maybe they could throw some laughing gas your way. You might need it more then Karissa.

Paige Fockler said...

Oh that is good to hear you found a church and so funny that your neighbors go there! Karissa will do great, I think she is braver then she lets on!